Linux Dictionary Contribution

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sat Sep 11 07:04:53 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-09 at 17:27, Binh Nguyen wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> My name is Binh Nguyen. I would like to contribute the
> 'Linux Dictionary',
> (http://www.tldp.org/LDP/Linux-Dictionary/html/index.html)
> to the Fedora Documentation project.

This is an amazing undertaking.  Thank you very much for your
contribution.

Looking on the TLDP site, I couldn't find the XML source.  I was going
to look at it to help in estimating what it will take you to modify the
guide to fit the Fedora docs project (FDP) requirements.

Have you filled out a feature enhancement report (via
bugzilla.redhat.com)?  An overview of the submission process is at:

http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/documentation-quick-start/

You should be able to continue to have a single-source XML for the Linux
Dictionary, with a Makefile that uses the FDP toolchain.

> I'm also willing to contribute the 'Linux Dictionary'
> to the Fedora Documentation Wiki
> provided that you maintain the original front
> cover and provide a hyperlink to it. ie. Everything
> from,
> http://www.tldp.org/LDP/Linux-Dictionary/html/index.html

FDP doesn't maintain a Wiki, as far as I know.

As a side note, I see a dict database available as well.  Have you
contacted dict.org to see if they'd like to include the Linux Dictionary
in their downloads?  AIUI, Rik is always looking for good free
dictionaries.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, RHCE, Tech Writer