draft notice text

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Sep 16 08:06:04 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 16:34, tuxxer wrote:

> > Thoughts?
> >
> > Tammy
>
> I like the idea of the bugzilla reference.  However, (in defense of my
> original draft [no pun intended]) IMHO a document isn't part of the FDP
> unless it's been committed to CVS (or is hosted or referenced by RedHat
> or Fedora).

I think the idea is that, yes, eventually, many authors will work on
their documents directly in CVS.

Think of the situation as being akin to a piece of software being made
available during a test cycle.  It is expected to be broken, but it's
still part of Fedora.

> How about a blend of the two approaches:

Since both situations are likely to occur, why not offer both <para/>s
as either/or options?

I'd say that we could leave the wording entirely up to the author, but
that would be presuming too much from writers.  Still, if someone
changed the wording in their doc for whatever reason, I don't think
anyone would think it's a big deal.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, RHCE, Tech Writer