draft notice text

Paul W. Frields paul at frields.com
Thu Sep 16 13:55:15 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 04:39, Karsten Wade wrote:
> > 2. If it is a Really Long URL, then following the same solution to
> > define the entity, but usage is:
> >
> > <ulink url="BUG-URL;">pre-filled bug report</ulink>
> >
> > NOTE - if you use a long URL that includes '&' characters, you _must_
> > change them to &amp; in the XML so that they process into the correct
> > characters when rendered.
>
> Oops ... looks like there are plenty of special characters that have
> other meaning in the ENTITY space, such as %.  I tried to do option 2.,
> and the build broke on the %.
>
> I had to change 97 % to &percnt; ... and it worked.

I agree with the approach, and with the usage. One question: for Very
Long URLs, should the actual URL appear somewhere like a <footnote>?
Normally we use the URL as the content body as well as the "url"
parameter for <ulink>.

I like the idea that people will be able to read the document online and
immediately register problems if they have any. Customer service at its
finest!

--
Paul W. Frields, RHCE