draft notice text

Paul W. Frields paul at frields.com
Fri Sep 17 15:32:25 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 11:23, Tammy Fox wrote:
> For docs created for RHEL, etc. we decided that the URL should be part
> of the text since when the decision was made we printed the docs. So,
> our rule was, if the URL is short, it should be inline text. If it is
> long and might line wrap, include it in screen tags so it is always
> rendered on its own line.

Would you say that the suggested usage is OK, since it is doubtful these
manuals will be printed commercially? I would expect users *might* print
them locally for reference, but most reading will be done online, I
suspect, whether off a local hard disk (installed from a fedora-docs[1]
RPM package) or the Internet.

If we can turn the footnote function back on for Fedora, that would be
great IMHO. Also, I have another minor suggestion (I think for the
stylesheets) which I will post to the list and bugzilla momentarily.

= = = = =
[1] Hmm, maybe fedora-docs-{html,pdf[,others?]}

--
Paul W. Frields, RHCE