Look of Fedora docs

Tammy Fox tfox at redhat.com
Tue Sep 21 19:37:09 UTC 2004

Yes. We definitely need icons for the Fedora docs. The icons in the OS
itself are GPL'ed except the ones with the Shadowman in them. The
admonition icons we use for the Fedora docs are the same as the ones we
use for the RHEL docs, but they are not GPL'ed:
http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinux-faq-fc2/ln-legalnotice.html

I asked Garrett about GPLing them, but he has since left the company, so
it would be nice to create new ones for the Fedora docs and anyone else
who wants to use them for DocBook output. We can even try to get them
added to Fedora so they are installed by default. That would be ideal.

As someone else said, I think the link you sent has too many colors --
they tend to distract from the content. The screen icon is nice. It
looks like you are using the icons from Fedora and adding them to the
HTML look and feel. If that is the case, that shouldn't be hard to
implement via CSS. It would be nice to have graphics for the document
navigation. Send us some mockups, and we can go from there.

Tammy