fedora-list guidelines

Gustavo Seabra gustavo.seabra at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 00:34:05 UTC 2005

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 23:00:44 +0200, Duncan Lithgow
<duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk> wrote:
> Hi Gustavo, I see we've both ended up on this list after working on that
> guide. :-)
> > One immediate option that might make sense is to use the Wiki at
> > fedoraproject.org.  This works if the document is still in flux
> > somewhat.  Then it has an official-looking URL, and the others can
> > mirror that.
>
> > However, if it's solid and not likely to get as many edits, then it
> > seems to me like a perfect document for fedora.redhat.com/docs.
>
> How about we do both? Make a permanant link for this version and stop
> calling it a draft - call it version 1. And another wiki version
> ready for any later changes?

This seems a good idea. Although the document is mature enough, it
would keep an open door for improvement.

> > http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/documentation-quick-start/
> >
> > We can get a writer to help with the conversion to DocBook and to get
> > the author/maintainer started.  Of course, the list is here to help with
> > ongoing learning of DocBook, writing, etc.
> I would love to put it into DocBook, I've used XMLmind for DcoBook
> before and would love to start using am Opensource app. I'll read the
> quick-start guide over the weekend.

Great. I'll take a look at the Wiki think. And I don't mind the
responsability to mantain it after it's ready. It is not likely to be
a very demanding job anyway. I just cannot compromise for learning the
DocBook stuff /now/: I'm already running late with my thesis and
cannot spare much time for anything else for a couple of weeks at
least...

Cheers,

Gustavo Seabra                 Graduate Student
Chemistry Dept.         Kansas State University
Registered Linux user number 381680