review of hardening guide

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 13:09:00 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 00:54 -0800, tuxxer wrote:
[...snip...]
> > I think putting in a link to the update-tutorial at &FDPDOCS-URL; might
> > be a worthwhile edit.
> > --
> > Paul W. Frields, RHCE
>
> Is there an update tutorial?  If so, I missed in at the site.  I would
> be happy to link to it, once I knew where it was.  ;-)

"Keeping Up to Date" on http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/ IIRC. However, it
is in need of some authorial and editorial lovin', in my opinion.
There's nothing about up2date on it, for example, and while I was hoping
to whip it into an "Audrey Hepburn" level of style, it appears to have
petered out somewhere around "Li'l Kim."

At some point I started a stem-to-stern rewrite of this document, but I
appear to have lost it somewhere in the wild tundra of my hard disk(s).
I was going to wait to Bugzilla this issue until I had a solution ready
-- because if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the
precipitate -- but I may change my mind shortly just so there's a record
of my concerns somewhere more accessible than the list archives.

In the meantime, what's there is usable, and any changes should maintain
the URL, so a link would be appropriate.

--
Paul W. Frields, RHCE