How to submission

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 13:48:51 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 18:48 +0530, gaurav wrote:
> Hi list,
> this is the first time I have submitted a Tutorial (intact somebody on
> on dev list suggested I should post it docs list)
> as I am not aware procedure or approval cycle pl guide me in this case

In particular, you can read:
  http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/documentation-quick-start/

You will probably be more concerned with the sections that concern
writers, as opposed to editors, although understanding the whole
document will help you with this process. If you don't understand any
part of it, please post to the list for assistance. By doing so you may
even help us improve the Quick Start Guide.

You'll see a bunch of instructions about using DocBook XML for
formatting your content. You may be able to ignore these, at least for
the time being, if someone on the list would like to step up and assist.
You'll find DocBook XML is not difficult at all -- if you can write a
simple HTML page, you can write DocBook XML.  I learned enough working
on my first couple of documents to start using it at work for the small
number of technical docs I need to write here.  If you want to try it
yourself, you will probably want to read this first:

  http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/documentation-guide/

I don't want to overload you, so that's probably enough for now. We look
forward to hearing back from you.

--
Paul W. Frields, RHCE