fedora-list guidelines

Gustavo Seabra gustavo.seabra at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 15:25:44 UTC 2005

On Apr 1, 2005 2:17 AM, Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 22:27 -0600, Gustavo Seabra wrote:
> > The question now comes to which form to adopt: DocBook or Wiki?
> >
> > Based on maturity, since this document has gone through 4 draft
> > versions, all discussed openly in the list, I believe it is mature
> > enough to get the DocBook format. It would also give it a more
> > "official" look. However, it seems to me, the DocBook is a more closed
> > format, with more restrict access.
>
> What I understand you to mean is, it is harder to learn how to use and
> manipulate DocBook than a Wiki.  That is true.

Well, not really. The point isn't the difficulty, Duncan has even
already volunteered to do the DocBook translation. My question is more
about the /character/ of the document.

I now understand the advantages of DocBook, and it seems a wonderful
tool for writing the system documentation. The question is: is it
appropriate for a /mailing list guidelines/? Or would that be better
written in a lighter format, but which lacks the flexibility of the
DocBook? I really don't know.

Gustavo Seabra                 Graduate Student
Chemistry Dept.         Kansas State University
Registered Linux user number 381680