Self-Introduction

Tommy Reynolds Tommy.Reynolds at MegaCoder.com
Mon Apr 4 14:21:19 UTC 2005

Subject

   1.  Self-Introduction: Tommy Reynolds

   I have been involved in Fedora Docs for some time now, mostly as a
   lurker and an "ex cathedra" developer voice.  For those of you who have
   successfully managed to avoid meeting me, I've prepared this SI.

Body

   1.  Full legal name 	- James T Reynolds
   2.  City, Country	- Decatur, Alabama USA
   3.  Profession 	- Oldest Software Guy (OSG)
   4.  Company 		- MegaCoder.com
   5.  Your goals in the Fedora Project

          * What do you want to write about?

	    I'd prefer to review rather than compose, as a rule.

          * What other documentation do you want to see published?

	    Something akin to Jon Bentley's "Programming Perls"
	    series.

          * Do you want to edit for grammar/writing and/or technical
	    accuracy?

	    Yeah, I'll do either from time to time.

          * Anything else special?

	    Perhaps I could help with stylesheets and toolchains.

   6.  Historical qualifications

          * What other projects or writing have you worked on in the
	    past?

	    A few Red Hat Developer courses, such as "Embedded System
	    Engineering", "Application Development and Porting".
	    I've also suckered a magazine editor or so, such as for
	    Telecommunications magazine and Network Today.  Lotsa other project
	    documents, even MIL-SPEC stuff.

          * What level and type of computer skills do you have?

	    35+ years of rocket science, embedded systems, operating
	    system internals, telecommunications, SCADA and more than
	    250 UNIX/Linux device drivers.

          * What other skills do you have that might be applicable?
	    User interface design, other so-called soft skills (people skills),
	    programming, etc.

	    I teach Linux kernel internal, device driver, and other
	    classes.

	    I don't do GUI's.  In Japan, my nickname is NOGUI, which I'm assured
	    does not translate into something hideous.

          * Why should we trust you? <--- too blunt?

	    Literate software developer, fair keyboardist, but most of
	    all, devilishly handsome.

   7.  GPG KEYID and fingerprint

	gpg --fingerprint Tommy.Reynolds at MegaCoder.com
	pub  1024D/44039501 2004-02-11 Tommy Reynolds
	<Tommy.Reynolds at MegaCoder.com> Key fingerprint = 8615 A915 3DA6 2395
	A728  AFBF FF4C 9DAA 4403 9501 sub  1024g/3CEDDD5F 2004-02-11

Cheers!