Prioritising which document?

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 14:32:30 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 02:24 -0700, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> --- Gavin Henry <ghenry at suretecsystems.com> wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I would like to start the ball rolling on which
> > document we should all
> > work together to get completed in order for the Docs
> > Project to be a
> > winner.
> >
> > In my mind, this would be the Install Guide?
> >

> I agree with that however I dont think the current
> Installation guide is covering FC4 development
> (Targets FC3 I believe). I am not entirely sure how
> anaconda has changed with respect to xen and other
> things. It requires substantial investment in time and
> effort if we are planning to release the installation
> guide along with fc4

This has been discussed previously on the list, and the authors are
making every effort to track relevant FC4 development.  I don't think
anyone's discussed integrating Xen installation into the general
installation guide for the first cut.  My feeling is that would simply
recreate the problem from which we are trying to extricate ourselves now
-- in trying to address all the "expert" modes we fail to get a working
guide out for the most important target audience, the beginners.  Once
we have a useful IG out for Fedora, we can work on tutorials that expand
on the information therein, as Stuart and others have suggested.