[RFC] making release notes a community effort

Ronny Buchmann ronny-vlug at vlugnet.org
Wed Apr 6 19:03:46 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 06 April 2005 20:21, Stuart Ellis wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 19:10 +0200, Ronny Buchmann wrote:

> > > My experience with them is that you pretty much have to submit and do
> > > things the way the CMS software wants you to, or give up and find
> > > another system (or just go mad).  MoinMoin assumes heavily linked
> > > meshes of small blocks of content...
> >
> > Wich is not a problem, you can use [[Include(subpage)]] to get single
> > page output.
>
> I see what you mean:
>
> http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraDocs_2fReleaseNotes_2fCore4Test1?ac
>tion=raw
>
> Neat.
thanks

Reasonable PageNames are key to this.

> > I could also write a
> > MoinMoin to DocBook (or HTML) conversion.
>
> MoinMoin > simple DocBook export would probably be a useful thing for
> lots of people, not just this project, if you were interested in doing
> it.
MoinMoin is on the way to produce xml AFAIK, but that's not in time for FC4.

> On the Fedora Wiki specifically I think that being able to pick up
> material from, say, the Extras pages, as DocBook for feeding into other
> documents would be useful even if we don't explicitly use the Wiki for
> drafting.
It would be really helpful to have a recent MoinMoin installation on
fedoraproject.org, this would reduce some work needed (it produces [almost]
valid html) and is IMHO much more easy to use. (see Linuxwiki.org for
example)

Who maintains fedoraproject.org?

--
http://LinuxWiki.org/RonnyBuchmann