why o why

gaurav gauravp at hclcomnet.co.in
Thu Apr 21 05:08:09 UTC 2005

Hi List,
            I was wondering why this documentation submition process is
overly complex...why don t we we use some wiki like tikiwiki or media
wiki (of webopedia fame) to manage documents ...why I am required to
submit docs in docbook xml format ....and check into cvs ....then built
it .....,most wiki system have have built in work flow, revision
mechanism, doc conversion to pdf and tons of other stuff etc
...........what is the requirement or need for such complexity ...

Regards,
Gaurav