why o why

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 23:59:34 UTC 2005

[...snip...]

Jeff Kinz wrote:
> Apparently you can submit a doc in just about any format you want.  This
> policy was unknown to me (Something else to put into the FDOC Guide :) )
> or I would have submitted my doc in html or text format.

This is on the Wiki, but I think the Documentation Guide (as canon)
should probably contain a prominent statement to this effect as well.
Jeff, since it's a pretty easy process to file a bug, could you do
that?

<pedantic chance="possibly">

Don't worry if you are not experienced with Bugzilla.  If you visit this
page, you'll find a link for filing a bug:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/beta/enter_bug.cgi?product=Fedora%
20Core&op_sys=Linux&bug_status=NEW&component=fedora-
docs&rep_platform=All&priority=normal&bug_severity=enhancement&bug_file_loc=http%3A%2F%2Ffedora.redhat.com%2Fprojects%2Fdocs%2Fparticipate%2Fdocumentation-guide%2F&short_desc=Describe%20problem%2C%20fix%2C%20or%20request%20for%20Documentation%20Guide%20notes&comment=Description%20of%20problem%2C%20bug%2C%20incorrect%20information%2C%20or%20enhancement%20request%3A%0D%0A%0D%0A&form_name=enter_bug

Simply fill out the summary line ("Documentation Guide needs info on
other submission formats") and the description, and everything else
should be done for you automatically.

To be honest, I could have filled out the bug myself in the time I took
to write this message, but then (1) you wouldn't know how to do this for
any other deficiencies you find in the Doc Guide, and (2) the archives
wouldn't capture it.  Thanks for helping out!