why o why

gaurav gauravp at hclcomnet.co.in
Fri Apr 22 05:42:00 UTC 2005

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> Hi
>
>> So, the question becomes do we want to foster an environment of
>> cooperative
>> documentation writing, or of individual documentation writing?
>>

> we would want  a single person or a strong team to take responsibility
> over a document and refine it to the extend that end users would enjoy
> reading through.

this is poosible in wiki

> The process is probably geared towards invidual contributors with
> cooperative feedback and revisions  rather than everyone jumping in
> and editing portions of a single document that a wiki system would
> promote

Wiki system does not promote happzzard editing ......you can set it so
that only people in particular group  can edit or configure a workflow
around it....It has support for revisions,unlimited rollbacks, content
expiry, discussions, talkbacks etc...its a very dynamic process
...designed for sole aim for cooperative documentation writing

I can suggest another alternative for documentation can be a good  CMS
....I have been using CMS called typo3 (www.typo3.org) for a while ...It
has built in workflow, Richtext editor, XML support, Dynamic Conversion
support