[RFC] dumping the CED in favor of local variables

tuxxer tuxxer at cox.net
Thu Apr 28 06:48:00 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 16:50 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
< ... snip ... >

> You put one of these at the bottom of each XML file:
>
> <!-- Keep this comment at the end of the file
> Local variables:
> mode: xml
> xml-parent-document:("parent-file.xml" "book" "chapter")
> End:
> -->
>
> The small pain of converting our docs will be more than made up for in
> the not-so-long run.
>
> - Karsten

The guidance I've received thus far has leaned towards creating a
single, monolithic document, where possible and practical.  I have made
more of an effort to keep my (single-author) documents this way.  Will
this change really make a difference if you're writing a single file?
Is it even applicable?

-Charlie

--
-tuxxer

echo "uvyyfsAdpy/ofu" | perl -pe 's/(.)/chr(ord($1) - 1)/ge'
gpg:  57EB F948 76AE 25BC E340  EFA9 FAF6 E1AC F1E1 1EA1