Fedora DTD?

Tommy Reynolds Tommy.Reynolds at MegaCoder.com
Tue Aug 23 22:09:33 UTC 2005

Uttered Thomas Jones <admin at buddhalinux.com>, spake thus:

> I have quickly built up a DTD Driver for the Docbook 4.2 release. This driver
> contains declarations for Fedora Core specific documentation.

I am not in favor of this subsetting (even if it's a proper subset)
approach.  What we have is already rigorously documented in several
books at Borders, Barnes & Noble, Books-A-Million, Amazon, et. al.,
hope I didn't leave out your favorite; if I'd remembered it I would
have plugged it.

An "approved subset" would be yet another learning level for newbies.
I'd much rather see our current Documentation Guide fully-fleshed out
with recommended (or at least tested) examples for the
monkey-see-monkey-document crowd.  No slur intended, but it's really
much easier to bang out a DocBook document with minimal learning
curve by just looking at an example of what you want to do; no
"internalized learning" required.

That's just my $2e+23 opinion.

Cheers