Docs packaging

Stuart Ellis stuart at elsn.org
Tue Aug 23 22:57:08 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 18:15 -0400, David Malcolm wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 17:56 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > I want to take a stab at packaging at least a few of the biggie Fedora
> > docs for FC5.  Some of these thoughts below:
>
> [snip]
>

> > * Packages will consist of HTML.  The XML will be in the .src.rpm as
> > expected.  Building to be done via the buildsys/plague per normal
> > routine, unless someone has a better idea that doesn't require a lot of
> > manual intervention.  We don't really need our own buildsys, since the
> > docs packages would live in Extras anyway.
>
> Can we ship the XML (perhaps as well) and have the documentation
> readable in Yelp?  It would be great to have the installed Fedora docs
> appear when clicking on the desktop's "Help" menu item.

The XML files for the existing documents are actually pretty small:

Installation Guide: 114k
Yum tutorial: 58k

So if each document is in a separate package I don't think that it would
add much to the size.

The IG ends up being large, but that's just all the PNG files.

--

Stuart Ellis

stuart at elsn.org

GPG key ID: 7098ABEA
GPG key fingerprint: 68B0 E291 FB19 C845 E60E  9569 292E E365 7098 ABEA