Desktop Guide/Moving From Windows to Fedora

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Aug 29 23:37:35 UTC 2005

> Andy Hudson wrote:
> >Given that this was mentioned as a possible test of the Wiki - does
> >this mean you want me to write directly into the Wiki and it will be
> >ultimately transformed into XML?
> >

> Yes

Actually, we mean for you to use the tool you want to use.

The target format is XML.

If, otoh, you are going to work with a few other people, you want to
agree on a common collaboration platform.  It could be XML directly, or
via Wiki.

> >Finally - it would probably be good if we could mirror the desktop
> >guide to what people actually want to do with their computers. I added
> >a line to the Graphics section of the Desktop Users Guide about
> >Digital Cameras - this is one of the biggest reasons why people use
> >computers and we should reflect this. I actually could get some access
> >to research done into why people use their computers and could
> >summarise this if it would be preferable. The only problem is that it
> >would be for UK users only - I can't get data on the US. Besides,
> >we're not *that* different, are we? ;)
> >

> We really are

Well, it's somewhere to start.  We'd like to see what you can legally
show us. :)

I think we can make a list of common uses that we are reaching for, sort
of like a list of use cases.  We can hand this to the Marketing, if they
want to create some usability profiles for us to test ideas against.

- Karsten
                       Red Hat SELinux Guide