doc writers group for Wiki and how-to

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Aug 31 19:31:05 UTC 2005

If you want to do any document drafts on the Wiki, please see any of the
people on this page:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocEditorsGroup

To add you to this page:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocWritersGroup

This last group has the rights to manipulate pages in the
fp.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/ tree.  Just like CVS, all writers have access
to all documents being worked on.

Golden rule applies:  treat other documents as you want your documents
treated.

When a document is ready to be published as a draft, it can be added to
the Docs/ list of documents, under the DRAFTS section.  This is done by
an editor.

None of this is a requirement.  You can populate the Wiki with any
number of greatly and poorly written documents, at your will.  We're
hoping to bring the same level of quality and usefulness to the Docs/
tree as we try for in all Fedora Documentation.  This process helps us
to do that, and makes it obvious for readers what is and is not formal
Fedora documentation.

Outside of these directions, we haven't finished developing how
tutorials and guides are laid out in the Wiki.  This is something we
discover as we go.  As a start, use this page for reference:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/WritingUsingTheWiki

Those who are already using the Wiki, please help us to translate our
DocBook usage guidelines into Wiki usage guidelines.

Questions?

- Karsten
                       Red Hat SELinux Guide