manual and info pages (was Re: [RFC] DocsRawhide enhancements)

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Dec 7 18:22:36 UTC 2005

>  The Fedora documentation project should  be
> accountable for the end user docs, man and info pages,

I have vacillated about who should be accountable for manual and info
pages.  It is impossible for FDP to be responsible, since we are
typically too far removed from the coding.

Until the developers are positioned to work on these, FDP cannot take
accountability for the manual and info pages.

Alternately, if we get together a group of motivated people who want to
tackle this problem that is valuable for all distros ... then we will
definitely empower them to do so.

> keeping track of
> printed books and active involvement and coordination towards getting
> more such books published even from the formal Fedora docs. package
> description and website content etc to cover everything comprehensively.

Definitely, when we have the resources and activity.

- Karsten
Content Services                          Fedora Documentation Project
http://www.redhat.com/docs   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject