Self-Introduction: Chris Lennert

Chris Lennert calennert at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 15:11:42 UTC 2005

Full Name: Chris Lennert

Location: Greenville, SC, USA (Eastern Standard Time)
Profession: Network Administrator and developer
Company: Woodward Governor Company

Goals
1.  What do you want to write about?
    I would be willing to cover the ServerTools beat.  In addition, if the
primary authors permit, I would be interested in contributing to the
DesktopUserGuide and the Hardening Tutorial.

2.  What other documentation do you want to see published?
    A Fedora-specific remote access tutorial that covers setting up VPN tunnels
to several of the major firewall distros/products and which would serve as a
starting point for folks looking to connect to corporate networks.  Unless I am
mistaken, I don't believe one exists.

3.  Do you want to edit for grammar/writing and/or technical accuracy?
    As a former high school science teacher, I would be happy to correct
grammar, "wordsmith"  documents, and verify content.

4.  Anything else special?
    I've been a dedicated consumer of FOSS for many years and have contributed
in smaller ways in the past.  Diving into the heart of the Fedora documentation
efforts is one way for me to get off my arse and start contributing in a major way.

Historical Qualifications
1.  What other projects or writing have you worked on in the past?
    Since my job responsibilities in recent years have included user support, I
have written various end-user-oriented documents.  Several of these have been
DocBook-based HTMLHelp documents (CHM's) for my predominantly Windows-based users.

2.  What level and type of computer skills do you possess?
    I would characterize my level of skill as broad with moderate depth.  I tend
to prefer development-oriented tasks, but since my current employment also
requires network/system administration and user support, I don't feel I qualify
for the lofty title of "developer".

    Nevertheless, I am very comfortable with Java, XHTML/CSS, XSLT, DocBook
markup and many of the Apache Java libraries.  I have used most of the major
Linux and BSD distributions though I tend to stay close to the Red Hat world.  I
have experience (implementation, at the least) with many of the most luminary
FOSS applications.

3.  What other skills do you have that might be applicable? User interface
design, other so-called soft skills (people skills), programming, etc.
    I like to think of myself as an All-Around Nice Guy(TM). :)

4.  What makes you an excellent match for the project?
    * Broad level of experience covering network & system administration, user
support, and software development.
    * Java development experience
    * Experience with DocBook-related toolchains (mostly Ant-, Saxon- and Apache
FOP-based) and XSL customization

GPG KEYID and Fingerprint

KEYID: DE8B9506

[calennert at rutherford ~]$ gpg --fingerprint DE8B9506
pub   1024D/DE8B9506 2005-12-09 [expires: 2007-12-09]
      Key fingerprint = E199 9CAD 955D 5CB7 ADB3  B05F EACC ACF9 DE8B 9506
uid                  Christopher Lennert <calennert at gmail.com>
sub   2048g/6741E0E0 2005-12-09 [expires: 2007-12-09]