EPS and make PDF

Stuart Ellis s.ellis at fastmail.co.uk
Tue Feb 8 10:36:27 UTC 2005

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 23:11:38 -0600, "Tommy Reynolds"
<Tommy.Reynolds at MegaCoder.com> said:
> Uttered "Stuart Ellis" <s.ellis at fastmail.co.uk>, spake thus:
>
> I was able to generate a PDF from the IG by using "fop".

Well, that's actually good news :)  PDF build has been broken for about
a month on this document using the standard toolchain (before I started
putting EPS in), so I couldn't be sure that it would build for anybody.

> You  might try the Apache FOP tool as an interim measure, but we need
> a solid toolset -- which we do not have.

True.  The decision was made to put all the pieces in place for PDF
generation anyway, so that it could be built when a new toolchain is
sorted out.  Since it more or less worked at one point, I was hoping
that the current toolchain could be coaxed into giving us something,
even if only for the purposes of validating the markup and the EPS
files.  I know very little about this technology, but I can act as a
guinea pig if anyone has anything specific that that they would to try
out with new or existing tools.
--

Stuart Ellis
s.ellis at fastmail.co.uk