f.r.c organization

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 23:50:26 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 17:02 -0500, Tommy Reynolds wrote:
> Uttered "Paul W. Frields" <stickster at gmail.com>, spake thus:
>
> > On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 12:58 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
>
> > Sorry I didn't give a better example when I did the OP,
> > but the idea of "docs/some-tutorial-en/fc4/" seems best to me, since it
> > might enable more of the build to be pasted over from Docs CVS en masse.
>
> I'm not in favor of an en masse copy because I think publication is
> suitable only for a well-defined release point.  I think a little
> "Makefile.common" surgery for a "make publish-frc" target might be
> more in order.  Information hiding and all that.

By "en masse," I meant "build several releases of a document at once,"
so if we ever do XML/XSL conditional stuff, or someone automates the
process of pushing docs, our Docs CVS build stuff could easily produce
multiple OS version targets (FC4, FC5...) for each of one or more
specific language documents at one time.  The publisher, by which I mean
"person responsible for publishing on f.r.c," would be able to simply
copy the built document tree of HTML and associated files
"this-tutorial-en" to the web CVS.  See the web CVS for more info.