fedora guide

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 21:42:14 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-07-16 at 17:08 -0400, Colin Charles wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-07-16 at 17:03 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > On Sat, 2005-07-16 at 15:29 -0400, Colin Charles wrote:
> > > Anyone seen this?
> > >
> > > http://evolutioncolt.com/fedoraguide/
> >
> > Yes, but I can't figure out why [t|s]he[y] didn't work with the existing
> > fedorafaq.org, whose material a lot of this site duplicates.
>
> Can someone from the Docs steering committee ask? Or even say "lets work
> together" ?

Because, like FedoraFAQ much of what is contained in this EC site is
legally questionable[1].  The issue of FedoraFAQ has come up before on
this list (please see archives for details), and since we can't do as
complete a job due to legal encumbrance, and since some of the advice
given on the site violates both the spirit and mission of the Fedora
Project -- e.g. to build a complete OS from free software -- we decided
not to get involved officially, IIRC.  If, however, you would like to
get EC together with the FedoraFAQ maintainer, then by all means, do so!
Collaboration is almost always a good thing in these situations.

= = = = =
[1] Please, PLEASE, let's not start another "legal issues" thread.  :-D
If anyone has questions, I beg you in the name of all that is holy, read
the archives, and then post only if you have a new and *compelling*
argument.