packager-handbook

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 12:01:13 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-18 at 21:37 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-07-18 at 21:25 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > On Mon, 2005-07-18 at 21:23 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > > I see that we've suddenly "inherited" a new document from Ville Skyttä
> > > and Marius Jøhndal.  Has someone agreed to maintain and/or edit this?
> >
> > And, out of curiosity, why don't we see a record of this on
> > fedora-docs-commits?
>
> CVS maintainer snuck it in the backdoor, I reckon.
>
> This is a document from cvs.fedora.us, and there is supposed to be
> someone who is going to come along to talk about maintaining it.  It
> seems logical to put it in /cvs/docs, and developers can keep formal
> documents there.  If this languishes in CVS untouched, I'm sure we'll
> vaporize it during future cleaning missions.
>
> It might be that it is something bound for the wiki.  I'll add it to the
> modules file so we can check it out and look at it.

'S coo'.  The second part was what struck me funny, but I didn't realize
such a thing was possible. :-)  It seems like a great thing for us to
have, though.  The Wiki currently has an excellent primer, the majority
of which Tom "spot" Callaway wrote (IIRC).  I'll suggest to whoever
shows up to maintain this doc that they make sure that's integrated to
reflect current FE process, if it's not already planned.