Some thoughts on the yum tutorial

Stuart Ellis stuart at elsn.org
Wed Jul 27 21:42:40 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 13:42 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:

> One way to be helpful could be, if we had an FAQ with a question that
> would have an answer of, "Don't cross the repository streams," we can
> just tell people that if they are using non-Core or Extras repositories,
> they may have conflicts between packages in those files, yadda yadda
> yadda.

I've just committed to CVS an amended section on "Understanding
Repository Compatibility" (sn-compat-repositories), with some stuff on
third-party repository compatibility. Hopefully that will help encourage
people to be careful with repository mixing.

--

Stuart Ellis

stuart at elsn.org

GPG key ID: 7098ABEA
GPG key fingerprint: 68B0 E291 FB19 C845 E60E  9569 292E E365 7098 ABEA