fedoraproject.org

Colin Charles byte at aeon.com.my
Sun Jun 5 13:02:34 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-04 at 11:46 -0500, Patrick Barnes wrote:
> I'm not clear on this.  Who is responsible for http://fedoraproject.org/
> ?  I'm not sure how many people actually use this base URL, but it needs
> some loving.  One of the links is broken, and it could be more
> informational.

The Fedora Project. Any number of us in the EditGroup can fix anything
in /wiki. A few other of us can fix the rest of the things around the
box too ;-)

> One idea that I had is that this URL could redirect to
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ and that the Wiki's front page could
> feature all of the existing links, with a brief description.  This would
> allow easier maintenance, and would automagically make the page more useful.

Isn't that what we currently have? Links to sub-topics, where that later
links off to other things too?

> With Red Hat announcing the creation of The Fedora Foundation, it seems
> like Fedora's information will eventually move away from
> fedora.redhat.com to its own domain.  I don't know if this would be

Hmm, well, you're as much in the dark on this as a lot of us. Hold your
horses, and I don't think things are magically going to migrate to fp.o

> For reference, the broken link currently at http://fedoraproject.org is
> the 'Fedora FAQ pages at homelinux' link, which points to
> http://fedoraproject.org/faq , which redirects to
> http://fcp.homelinux.org/modules/wffaq when it should redirect to
> http://fcp.homelinux.org/modules/smartfaq .

Thanks. If its still not fixed till later (and thats not on the wiki, so
it requires someone with access to the box), I'll get to it
--
Colin Charles, http://www.bytebot.net/