release-notes/FC4 kernel.xml,1.5,1.6

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Jun 7 21:39:43 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 01:05 +0400, Andrew Martynov wrote:
> Hello, Karsten!
>
> Should translators wait for Release Notes final readiness or
> translation process will be started later but prior to FC5?

I was just about to email you to go ahead.

The actual release notes that are shipping with FC4 were tagged in CVS
last week.  This are different from what is currently in CVS.

Since we are releasing translations for the Web only right now, I guess
it is OK to use the latest in CVS.

I'd like to host any translations on fedora.redhat.com/docs/release-
notes. (Note: this page is not yet created but will be the FC4 release)

The release notes point users there for the latest information and
errata.

We will have the English-only version that shipped with FC4 and the
updated FC4+ relnotes, and can have any translations in that same list.

> I have Russian translation of TXT variant of FC4 Release Notes and can
> put the translated text into XML using xml2pot/po2xml. If possible
> we (Russian team) would like to include our work into FC4 release.

I'm sorry to all translators that we aren't getting any translations of
the release notes into FC4.

There wasn't enough time from the completion of the notes until it went
gold.  It was hours, not even days.  This is because we finished the
release notes at literally the last hour before final freeze.

This will all be better for FC5 and even the test release notes.

As for the po2xml, that sounds great.  I'm interested in seeing how it
looks.  The documentation pages at fedora.redhat.com/docs/ are built
first from DocBook HTML output, then wrapped in PHP includes.  This
means it should be easy to post your translations.  Presuming I don't
mess up the coding. :)

- Karsten
                       Red Hat SELinux Guide