FDSCo minutes for 14 June 2005

Stuart Ellis stuart at elsn.org
Tue Jun 14 23:16:32 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 23:04 +0100, Tim Waugh wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 02:24:12PM -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
>
> > Stuart - X > Gstreamer is not ready for a student bounty, vnc2swf
> >          requires new packaging work, probably not the bounty for us
> >          to use.  Still looking for new ideas.
>
> Can I ask what the interest in vnc2swf is?  I ask only because there
> is an experimental version of my rfbproxy program which has support
> that a user contributed for exporting to PPM frames.  This can in turn
> be encoded as Ogg Theora or whatever.  Is that useful?

I'd definitely be game to try it.  I suggested window/screen capture as
an area for a Fedora Google bounty, as it's something with a lot of
potential for docs and other area.  This was announced last week:

http://live.gnome.org/Istanbul

But speaking to the developer, it depends on gstreamer and X
developments.

--

Stuart Ellis

stuart at elsn.org

GPG key ID: 7098ABEA
GPG key fingerprint: 68B0 E291 FB19 C845 E60E  9569 292E E365 7098 ABEA