Bugzilla assistance

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Tue Jun 21 13:07:16 UTC 2005

Paul W. Frields wrote:

> I've been fixing a couple tidbits here and there.  In my CVS commit
> message I make sure I have, on a separate line (and sometimes this will
> be the whole of the message if the bug is self-explanatory):
>
>   Fix bug #123456
>
> It probably doesn't matter what text people use, but having a
> number/pound sign "#" before the bug is a good thing.  I've seen people
> do some cool automagical things with CVS commit messages and Perl, and
> having a marker for the bug number definitely helps.

Pardon intrusion by a non-expert,
but are you just talking about bugs in documentation?
What exactly do you mean by your "CVS commit"?
Commit to what?

I have just been submitting a bugzilla on FC-4
(nothing to do with documentation)
and found the whole process rather daunting.
A bit like a conversation in a foreign language.
I can't believe that this is the best way
to document and resolve bugs.

But this is probably OT here, in which case please ignore me.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366