Handling Multiple Document Versions in CVS ?

Tommy Reynolds Tommy.Reynolds at MegaCoder.com
Tue Jun 28 20:01:43 UTC 2005

Uttered Stuart Ellis <stuart at elsn.org>, spake thus:

> I've now got source files for a FC3 version of the Installation Guide,
> and so need to check this in alongside the FC4 version currently in CVS.
> AIUI we can either create subdirectories within the CVS modules for each
> version, or use tag/branch features of CVS.
> In case it makes a difference - each version is about 18 MB (due to
> graphics).

I'm working on resolving this issue and owe the list a HOWTO, but to
put it succinctly:  tag and branch.

No help for it, but the graphics will just continue to be huge.  They
don't compress well and probably get uuencoded by CVS anyway.

Some bullets we just have to bite.

Cheers