Saxon?

Tommy Reynolds Tommy.Reynolds at MegaCoder.com
Wed Jun 29 15:09:05 UTC 2005

Uttered Tim Waugh <twaugh at redhat.com>, spake thus:

> On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 10:38:31AM +0100, Tim Waugh wrote:
> > I've put the PDF I got here:
> >   http://cyberelk.net/tim/data/tmp/fedora-install-guide-en.pdf
> Hmm, seems like no-one even looked at this.

Sorry, I've been attending some classes, meetings, travelling and the
like.  I lost my pencil and the dog ate my homework.  (I just missed
it, sorry)

Overall this looks promising.  There appear to be some font metric
problems and the no-pictures issue mentioned earlier.

I apologize if I sounded overly harsh about xmlroff but I still
believe that it isn't ready for prime time yet, just like the FOP
tool isn't.

Please continue to dog this tool so we can look at it again when
these issues are resolved.  I'm not married to FOP, it's just the
closest thing to a working tool I've seen that isn't a commercial
project.

Cheers!