Self-Introduction: Tatsuo Sekine

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Jun 30 19:02:33 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 08:46 -0500, Tommy Reynolds wrote:

> > o What do you want to write about?
> >     First of all, my first language is Japanese, so I'd like
> >     to translate documents. If I can feel confidence about
> >     my English, I'd like to write about yum repository
> >     construction.
>
> Your English is several orders of magnitute above my Japanese, so do
> not be shy about contributing in either language.  If some English text
> reads awkwardly, lots of us will be happy to patch it; what's
> important is getting the text typed in, so feel free to help out
> anywhere.

Would it be nice for the translation process work both directions.

We could be able to take documentation in any language and translate it,
to include English translation.  To do this requires both a writer and
editor who read the source language.  Ideally one or both is able to use
our tools effectively.

I'm seeing perhaps enough Japanese speakers interested in writing in
Japanese as the source language.  If you want to try, you'll be forging
the path, but we'll help you be successful. :)

- Karsten
                       Red Hat SELinux Guide