package diff between FC4 and FC3

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Mar 15 23:42:44 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 10:53 +0000, Stuart Ellis wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 14:52:00 -0800, "Karsten Wade" <kwade at redhat.com>
> said:
> > If anyone has time to replace the cruft at:
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraDocs_2fRelNotes_2fCore4Test1RelNotes
> >
> > with this:
>
> Just so that you know -
>
> I'm at work so won't be able to do anything for most of today.  I'll
> probably be on IRC/mail from about 7.30pm (GMT) today.
>
> So far I've gone through the text and tidied up indents and line breaks.
>
> One issue that has popped up:  The import lost the admonition (Note and
> Warning sections) formatting so that these became regular paragraphs.

I did lots of tweaks to the release notes today, and if I am convinced
of anything it is that a Wiki is not a nice place to edit a very long
document.

I've been convinced today by others that our best bet is to find a way
to insert just a little extra process into developers existing
workflow.

I don't want to give up the hard work that Ed did to get developers to
give relnotes the love they need.  But I don't think asking anyone to
edit the Wiki is a good idea.

For test1, we can use the Wiki to supplement the release notes, just to
cover the gap of a missing release notes.  We can continue discussing
the best approach for test2.

- Karsten
              Learn, Network and Experience Open Source.
Red Hat Summit, New Orleans 2005   http://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/