review of hardening guide

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 13:16:38 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 22:17 -0800, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> http://members.cox.net/tuxxer/gui-update.html
>
> afaik I know yum is the recommended command line
> program to use instead of up2date in fedora.  if you
> have sections on both yum and up2date you probably
> need to explain the differences too which I would
> consider out of scope for this article

Since the section is about doing GUI updates, up2date is the right
utility. The up2date utility is still maintained for Fedora by Adrian
Likins, and works well. The following section in the tutorial talks
about using yum as a CLI update program, so I'm a little confused about
your last sentence there.  (I use up2date at the command line for
several of my more modest FC systems that don't have a GUI, but yum
works great too.)

I think putting in a link to the update-tutorial at &FDPDOCS-URL; might
be a worthwhile edit.

--
Paul W. Frields, RHCE