PDF generation: xmlroff

Tommy Reynolds Tommy.Reynolds at MegaCoder.com
Thu Mar 31 19:49:24 UTC 2005

Uttered Paul Nasrat <pnasrat at redhat.com>, spake thus:

> > Tommy Reynolds patched xmlto to use FOP as a target.  Mark Johnson is
> > using this along with the package from jpackage.org in some tests over
> > the next few weeks.  Hopefully this will give us a clearer picture of
> > where FOP falls short.
>
> Last I looked there was a non free buildrequires on jimi for FOP.

The jpackage.org stuff looks to be a cadillac build.

It's not really a requirement.  Without jimi, FOP doesn't recognize .PNG images. Native support for .gif and .jpg are supported without any external packages, though.  FOP can be built to support these non-free packages if they can be found at runtime, but doesn't require them: they are runtime optional.

Cheers