Minutes from FDSCo (03-May-2005)

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri May 6 23:13:01 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-06 at 10:52 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> Whoops, that should have been:
>
> module      module base
>
> Using the "&" ampersand symbol moves the common/, xsl/, etc. *under* the
> checked-out module, meaning that everyone would have to change existing
> Makefiles, DTD's, etc.

And after I wrote all that, I read this ... sometimes even I forget to
read the whole thread thoroughly. :)

So, this would check out the common directories at ../ where they lie
currently?

Sounds fine to me, less maintenance headache now and the future.  Also
keeps people from having to a) go into each module and do 'cvs up' to
get the latest changes to the common modules, and b) keeps people from
thinking of the common modules as unique and mutable.  Then they might
(gasp!) customize them. :D

- Karsten

                       Red Hat SELinux Guide