Minutes from FDSCo (03-May-2005)

Tommy Reynolds Tommy.Reynolds at MegaCoder.com
Fri May 6 23:16:52 UTC 2005

Uttered Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com>, spake thus:

> Another way is to have a massive common module that must be checked out
> and available at ../.  I think I prefer to have it all within ./ and
> just fix the few docs we have.
>
> Does this make sense?

Not to me.  Just take the current structure we have and move it up
one directory level.  Make a separate module out of every top-level
directory you see there.  Couple of benefits:

1) Directory/module structure makes commonality obvious; which

2) Reduces tempation to fiddle with style sheets, Makefiles, et. al.,
   because they "just aren't yours".

I like the file system layout to mirror our approach and what few
policies we have in place.

Of course, this is just my $0.02e+31 worth ;-)

Cheers