Minutes from FDSCo (03-May-2005)

Tommy Reynolds Tommy.Reynolds at MegaCoder.com
Mon May 9 15:57:14 UTC 2005

Uttered "Paul W. Frields" <stickster at gmail.com>, spake thus:

> I didn't understand the ramifications; ignore my patch.  Tommy, maybe
> you could do some tests on a dummy repository to find out what the right
> course of action is.

Whomever is going to be allowed to create modules needs to be added
to 'CVSROOT/avail' as indicated earlier.

Trivially simple.  On the server do this:

$ cd $CVSROOT/fedora-docs
$ mv * ../
$ cd ../
$ echo 'modules CVSROOT modules' >modules
$ echo [[:lower:]]* | xargs -n1 >>modules

Anybody who already has the current CVS setup checked out need only
run the following script on their local 'fedora-docs/' directory to
change the content of their 'CVS/Repository' file from 'fedora-docs/foo'
to simply 'foo'.

=== recvs.sh script ===

#!/bin/bash
find ${*:-.} -type d -name CVS -print |
while read cvsdir
do
	(
		cd ${cvsdir}
		sed -s 's;fedora-docs/;;' Repository >Repository.tmp
		mv -f Repository Repository-orig
		mv Repository.tmp Repository
		rm -f Repository-orig
	)
done

=== recvs.sh script ===

Of course, clients can simply get the new repositories again.

Cheers