Self Introduction: Binh Nguyen

Binh Nguyen dtbnguyen at gmail.com
Thu May 12 13:49:52 UTC 2005

Full legal name:
Dai Thai Binh Nguyen (everyone calls me 'Binh')

City, Country:
Melbourne, Australia

Profession or Student status:
Mostly student but also do some contract work (computer related, not
necessarily Linux)

Company or School:
University of Melbourne, CAE (Computer Science/Physics/History and
Philosopy of Science/Business).

Your goals in the Fedora Project:

      What do you want to write about?
      Fork my Linux Dictionary/Computer Dictionary for suitability to
Fedora Project.

      What other documentation do you want to see published?
      Not sure yet.... I have some things in the works but they're
fairly general....

      Do you want to edit for grammar/writing and/or technical accuracy?
      Depends on the size of the document. If its reasonable, ie.
smaller than 10 pages than
      I'll be more than happy to do a review/edit for grammer/technical details.

      Anything else special?
      Not at this moment in time.

Historical qualifications:

      What other projects or writing have you worked on in the past?
      TLDP (Linux Documentation Project), (Author "Linux Dictionary"
and "Linux Filesystem Hierarchy")
      TSF (The Shuttleworth Foundation), Computer Dictionary Project
(Author/Project Administrator/Development Lead/Commiter "Computer
Dictionary")
      Published technical/commentary articles at linmagau.org,
desktoplinux.com, newsforge.com, linuxtoday.com, linux.org,
pclinuxonline.com, tuxreports.com, etc....
      Sourceforge, SpeechSuite (Project Administrator/Development Lead
"uses speech technology to allow interfacing with the Linux CLI;
currently in second stage of evolution, see homepage for details)

      What level and type of computer skills do you have?
      Fairly competant, can write/program/dabble in hardware, etc....

      What other skills do you have that might be applicable? User
interface design, other
      so-called soft skills (people skills), programming, etc.
      Experience in:
      - User Interface Design
      - Programming
(C/C++/Java/Prolog/Haskell/x86Assembly/PHP/HTML/XML/BASH/SQL/etc....)
      - Recently been playing around with speech and home control
technology (see homepage)

      What makes you an excellent match for the project?
      I get a kick out of producing high quality pieces of technical work. :)

Binh. (Homepage, http://www.geocities.com/linuxfilesystem/)

[binh at nx5000 ~]$ gpg --fingerprint 50618576
pub  1024D/50618576 2005-05-12 Binh Nguyen (Fedora)
<linuxfilesystem at yahoo.com.au>
     Key fingerprint = 9C9D D2BE 0A5C 248B 7085  A6C0 F2BE 264B 5061 8576
sub  1024g/C9CCADC5 2005-05-12