Callout style + error

Thomas Jones admin at buddhalinux.com
Mon May 16 19:10:28 UTC 2005

Paul W. Frields wrote:

>I have no previous experience with callouts, other than looking at how
>they're used in "DocBook:TDG."  My chief concern with callouts would be
>the impaired-reader issue.  How, if at all, do callouts affect readers
>who, for instance, are visually impaired and use audible reader
>software?  I would think that if there is a way to avoid callouts that
>does not make the document overly cumbesome, it would be wise to do so.

I don't think that it is possible to retain both the visual and text
element of a callout without alteration of the stylesheet.

However, it is possible to use only text callouts.
i.e. |(1) and (2)

By setting the callout.graphics parameter to "0"  from the makefile or a
stylesheet extension. That may be an option.

Thomas