Red Hat Magazine, issue 7

Tammy Fox tfox at redhat.com
Thu May 19 18:41:16 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-18 at 09:28 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> Fellow scribes and scribblers,
>
> The illustrious editor-in-chief, Tammy Fox, is apparently too modest to
> announce it here, but Red Hat Magazine #7 is out!  RHM7 (that's what the
> new teaser poster calls it -- look for it in your neighborhood movie
> theater) has the following Fedora-related articles:
>
> * Installing Fedora Core on the Mac mini, by Colin Charles
> * FUDCon 2: Coming to a LinuxTag near you
> * Fedora Project Status Report, by Greg DeKoenigsberg
>
> Of course, there's also the usual amount of up-to-the-minute news,
> excellent tutorial articles on VNC and MySQL, a cool bit on availability
> and a great feature on open source licensing that you (or your boss)
> might enjoy.  I really look forward to this online magazine every month,
> and I'm so glad to see the new method of online publishing has really
> taken off for RHM.
>
> If you want to keep on top of new issue releases, you can subscribe to
> the RSS 2.0 feed here:
>
>   http://www.redhat.com/magazine/rss20.xml
>
> Tammy certainly doesn't need me to do PR for the magazine; I just wanted
> to make sure everyone knew the new issue was out.  The new issue will
> probably be out right after the FC4 release, so hopefully we can submit
> a small blurb about the Installation Guide and other FDP happenings in
> time for the Fedora Project Status Report in RHM8.
>
> --
> Paul W. Frields, RHCE                          http://paul.frields.org/
>   gpg fingerprint: 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233  5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717
>  Fedora Documentation Project: http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/docs/

Thanks Paul. ;-)

Next month is all about the kernel (exec-shield, I/O schedulers, dynamic
tracing, and dual-core) and of course Fedora Core 4.

Great idea about including info about the IG and other FDP happenings.
I'm sure gdk would be happy to include it in the Fedora status report.
Colin Charles is writing the FC4 article, so I'll be sure he mentions
the IG.

Tammy