how to generate a pot file for FC-4 release-notes? thx.

Yuan Yijun yuan.bbbush at gmail.com
Thu May 26 09:49:09 UTC 2005

Greetings,
I have checked out the release-notes of FC-4 from cvs. Some one
suggests me to use xml2po to simplify the translation process. I tried
it but it doesn't work. Some xml files are blank, without a root
element. Only one of them contains DOCTYPE and xml2po just ignores all
the tags in the other files. If I specify *.xml in the command line,
xml2po prompts me

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/xml2po", line 716, in ?
    CurrentXmlMode.preProcessXml(doc,msg)
  File "/usr/share/xml2po/docbook.py", line 142, in preProcessXml
    root = doc.getRootElement()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/libxml2.py", line 4064, in
getRootElement
    if ret is None:raise treeError('xmlDocGetRootElement() failed')
libxml2.treeError: xmlDocGetRootElement() failed

What should I do to generate a proper pot file?

BTW, are there any chinese speakers on this list?

--
bbbush ^_^