Request for Review - Fedora Security Basics

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Mon Oct 10 16:16:17 UTC 2005

Felipe Alfaro Solana wrote:

>>I would think, however, that this sort of topic, and additional security
>>measures, could and should be covered in a more comprehensive security
>>guide.  As Rahul mentioned, there is a Hardening Tutorial in CVS.  Maybe
>>you should offer to participate with the author to bring this document
>>up to snuff.  As I recall, no editor has yet stepped up to work on it.
>>Stuart has started some security material on the wiki as well.  Instead
>>of having several efforts floating around in various forms, maybe the
>>three of you (Stuart, Felipe, and Charles Heselton, author of the
>>hardening tutorial) can put your heads *together* and work on something
>>more comprehensive!  Three heads are better than one, and all that...
>>

>I would like to add my few cents but sincerely, I don't know where to
>start, or what to do. I have a few recommendations, in form of
>firewall rules and sysctl tunable parameters.

The instructions on getting the relevant docs from cvs and more details
on getting started is available from the project pages
http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/docs/

The docs team is also working on a stage area to build such docs
automatically on a regular basis in the near future. You can also use
the wiki for drafts
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/WikiEditing

If you need edit group access, register in the wiki and let me know your
username offlist.

regards
Rahul