Test of Docs Packaging

Tommy Reynolds Tommy.Reynolds at MegaCoder.com
Fri Oct 14 20:41:39 UTC 2005

Uttered James Laska <jlaska at redhat.com>, spake thus:

> On Fri, 2005-10-14 at 12:58 -0500, Tommy Reynolds wrote:
> > I don't envision the tarballs nor the RPM's to be used in the
> > authoring process.
> Unfortunately, there is the interim phase where you must build the
> package.  When that process is unfolding
> (in /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/$docbase-$lang), the "../docs-common/"
> directory structure will not map correctly.  Does that makes sense?

Not to me ;-{

Could someone (Paul?) please clarify who is supposed to be using
what?  I confess to active avoidance of all things GUI, so I may not
be clear on the purpose of these RPM's in association with YELP and all
that.  Does it do the XML rendering on the fly, or something?  If
not, why put XML in the RPM's at all?

I don't think we want any author to be mucking about with the RPM's
and tarball's: authors should use CVS, period.  What I'm looking for
is an explanation from the _end_ _user's_ point of view of how the
RPM's will be used.

Cheers