FC5 test1 relnotes for translation

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Oct 25 19:36:25 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 11:06 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 04:58 -0500, Patrick Barnes wrote:
> > Where 'username' is, of course, replaced appropriately.
>
> Or simply omitted, for that matter.
>
> Having checked out the release notes I see that where I correctly wrote
> 'MiB' in the RAM requirements for PPC, it's been changed to the more
> vague and strictly incorrect 'MB'. Was that intentional?

Yes, but not as a position statement in a 'MiB' v. 'MB' debate.  It was
done to keep the language using the same style as the rest of Fedora
Documentation.

If your next question is, where is the style guidelines and list of
approved word usages?  the answer is, it doesn't really exist.

Therefore, if you want to influence/convince FDP to use MiB instead of
MB, please feel free to do so.  Whatever consensus we reach becomes our
standard, and we can start a Wiki page on the subject.  Again, we would
be doing the right thing and trying to lead the way with standards.
Makes sense on the face of it.

- Karsten
                       Red Hat SELinux Guide