Tech writing position available...

Edward C. Bailey ed at rpath.com
Sun Oct 30 19:13:06 UTC 2005

(Before the flames about off-topic/commercial/whatever posts start, be
aware that, before posting, I asked Karsten if he thought this was an
appropriate use of the list.  His response was that he personally thought
people might be interested in job opportunities, but felt my post would be
a good opportunity for people to weigh in with their own thoughts on the
matter.)

rPath is currently searching for a technical writer to join our team.

The person hired for this position will be responsible for documenting
rPath's technologies, such as Conary and rBuilder.

We're looking for people with:

    o A well-developed writing style

    o Experience documenting complex technical subject matter, from initial
      concept through final editing

    o Strong spelling, grammar, and writing

    o The ability to edit and perform peer reviews of others' work

    o At least two years of recent Linux experience

    o Proven expertise in DocBook (XML or SGML), and HTML

    o Familiarity with open source authoring tools for the above formats

    o The ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment (this is a
      startup, after all)

Any of the following would be a definite plus:

    o Linux system administration experience -- even if it's just your own
      system(s)

    o Familiarity with one or more software packaging technologies (such as
      Conary, RPM, and dpkg)

    o Knowledge of XSL/XSLT

    o CSS experience

    o Familiarity with wikis

    o Programming experience (Python preferably)

Writing samples will be requested, so be prepared to give us online
pointers, emails bulging with attached PDFs, or even offer to send us a
FedEx'ed package full of manuals.

This position is located in Raleigh, NC -- if you're not local, you must be
willing to relocate.

Interested?  Get in touch with us via this page:

                http://www.rpath.com/corp/about/employment/

--
Ed Bailey                          http://public.xdi.org/=edward.c.bailey
rPath, Inc.                        http://www.rpath.com/