Fedora websites mailing list and Wiki ownership

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Oct 31 16:07:43 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-30 at 18:12 -0600, Patrick Barnes wrote:

> For Docs, using ##writer and ##editor might also be of interest.

##technical-contact

This is especially important for Beat pages.  It might be more than a
page needs, though.

> Any thoughts?

Is this how other, successful Wiki projects handle it?

I was under the impression that it was normally more chaotic than that.

My instinct is always to exert some control.[1]  Thus, I don't trust my
own thinking when it comes to managing the Wiki overall.  That is why I
have tried to limit the FDP control to just certain pages.[2]

What Rahul and Patrick are proposing is that the FDP be the accountable
party for all formal[3] Fedora websites.  This is an addition to our
existing mission, or perhaps just an extension.  I agree with it 100%.

- Karsten

[1]  This is the control-freak in me.  One thing that FDP brings to me
is a chance to not be so controlling and to delegate, so thanks to all
for the constant chance at self-improvement. :)

[2] Meaning:

wiki/Docs/*
wiki/DocsProject/*

[3] I use formal because 'official' is a word loaded with meaning, yet
means something different to all.  'Official' is an overused word for
these contexts, IME.

                       Red Hat SELinux Guide