commit log scraper

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Sep 7 20:26:14 UTC 2005

We are implementing a script that will look for certain keywords in
commit logs, and finding one, Cc:'s the commit message to a particular
mailing list.

Our first implementation looks for *docs* and Cc:'s the commit log to
relnotes at fedoraprojects.org.  The release notes beat writers can then
decide which beat is appropriate for that note, pass it on to a
particular guide or tutorial, or drop it as irrelevant.

This script is live now.  Before we ask developers to start using it, we
need to give them some guidelines of where, when, and why to use it.

This page is a first pass at guidelines for developers on what to
document:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/WhatToDocument

Please help fill out these guidelines.  We'll announce to the developers
when we have enough of a guideline for them to follow.

- Karsten
                       Red Hat SELinux Guide